You may be face to face with a reality that you never thought would happen to you – an unplanned pregnancy. If you’re considering the abortion pill, you should know the risks of ordering it online. It’s advertised as a safe and simple way to take care of unwanted pregnancy, but the process can be dangerous to women. Ultimately, the decision is yours.
What is the Abortion Pill?
The abortion pill is also known as medication abortion, an abortion method that terminates a pregnancy. Medication abortion uses two different types of drugs: Mifepristone and Misoprostol. It’s important to note that these abortion drugs are only for women up to 10 weeks pregnant.
Mifepristone (the first pill) thins the lining of the uterus and prevents the embryo from implanting or growing. Then, Misoprostol (the second pill) is taken, which makes the uterus contract and expel all contents of the pregnancy.
Abortion Pill Risks (Medication abortion):
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
Risks of Ordering the Abortion Pill Online?
Though it sounds simple and private, ordering the abortion pill online has major risks, which include:
- The unverified chemicals that could be in the abortion pills from online
- The lack of a pre-abortion screening process – putting women’s health in danger
- The unverified dosage could lead to an incomplete abortion and life-threatening effects.
- Unlisted risks and side effects with abortion pills online since a lot are overseas and do not meet the FDA guidelines
The FDA has put guidelines in effect to protect women, and ordering the abortion pill online could be detrimental to your health. The decision is still yours to make.
First, Verify Your Pregnancy
Before you decide on your pregnancy option, confirm your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test and ultrasound. You will need to know how far along you are to know what type of abortion you even qualify for. If you are still undecided about abortion and want to learn more about all your options, we are here for you.